The best classical music for weddings – from the people who know it best!
Looking for the perfect way to elevate your wedding ceremony? Want to avoid the cliché and obvious, but not bore everyone to tears? Here are the top 5 best classical pieces for weddings from Rawle and Shipley, the people who really know their classical wedding music.
For a spellbinding hush
- Locus Iste (Bruckner) – stop what you’re doing, turn everything off, and just listen to this. In this spine-tingling piece, the words are meant to bless the spot before something holy takes place there. The sense of perfect, transcendent harmony in this piece is absolutely indescribable. Choose this to cast a spell over your guests as you prepare to walk up the aisle.
For a new take on tradition
2. Canon in D (Pachelbel) – Now this one you’ll know well. But before you dismiss it as over-done, consider a version sung by a choir rather than just the usual instrumental version. That’s something your guests won’t be expecting – a beautiful twist on tradition. Add classical guitar for something really different.
- Jesu, Joy Of Man’s Desiring (Bach) – If the lyrics are the important thing for you, this is the one. Joy, hope, love, and beauty all feature in this love letter to happiness, speeding you on your way to your joyful future with your partner.
For something shorter
- Ave Verum Corpus (Mozart) – A hugely popular classical piece, though not one that most people already know backwards. This brief but sumptuous piece is elegant, warm, simple, and stunningly beautiful. A tasteful choice, for the music aficionados in the congregation.
For you and your partner
- Panis Angelicus (Franck) – This beautiful piece is most popularly sung as a duet. With the two voices intertwining and knitting together, it beautifully reflects the joining of you and your partner.
Rawle and Shipley provide high-quality choirs, soloists and musicians for weddings around the UK.