Whilst the majority of people advertising on Tie The Knot Wedding Directory will be lovely, friendly people selling genuine items, unfortunately we cannot guarantee this.
Here are a few tips to help you avoid getting caught out:
- Be wary of any adverts that contain very poor English, or are offering something that seems too good to be true – they nearly always are!
- Avoid sellers asking for transfers via Western Union or MoneyGram – these methods are favoured by fraudsters and should be avoided.
- We recommend paying the seller by PayPal as it offers compensation if you do not receive the item, or you find it is significantly not as described. See their website for details of their Buyer Protection Scheme.
- If a Seller is reluctant to provide any additional photos of the item, or does not allow you to view the item in person ahead of buying it, proceed with caution. There may be a genuine reason for this, but be alert to any suspicious behaviour.
- Be wary of sellers who ask for lots of personal information from you, and are unable to provide you with adequate details of the item they are selling.
- If you can view the item in person, we would always recommend this.
- Take someone with you when viewing any items personally.