Secrets to styling your own small beach wedding
Small in size but high in quality is the key to superior beach wedding styling. From personalising your own champagne glasses to coordinating your colour scheme with a floral wedding bower, chair dressings and place settings, here are some great ideas to styling a small beach wedding with memorable details.
Personalise everything! From glasses and hangers to place settings
Etching your wedding party’s names onto their own personal glass makes a beautiful memento for them to keep for years to come – and is a lightweight gift to pack if you are having a destination wedding.
Chances are that all the outfits for your big day on the beach will be transported on hangers, so why not have individual names printed or burned onto each hanger for that extra special touch.
Wooden cut-out place settings
Place settings like these wooden cut-outs are another great opportunity to personalise your wedding, making every single detail memorable.
Happy tears at your beach wedding ceremony
Personalised wedding favours
Talk to your wedding celebrant about a sand ceremony – a beautiful, visual tradition that unifies two families. Then scoop a small amount of sand into individual glass phials with cork stoppers as a personalised wedding favour for each of your guests to take home.#
Another easily packed symbolic memory of your perfectly styled beach wedding!
Easily transportable wedding favours
Sunshine and shade
Keep all your guests cool with fans, parasols and sunhats styled to compliment your wedding colours – they will show up as coordinated highlights in your wedding photos!
Offer pretty options to shade your guests
Styled beach wedding decorations
Top tip, flowers wilt very quickly in hot sunshine. Make sure your beach bower is decorated with fresh flowers moments before you make your processional entrance along the sand or choose dried flowers with pampas grasses.
Instead of floral table decorations, consider greenery like olive branches that will look fresh throughout your whole day and compliment your styled beach wedding theme with shells, pebbles and driftwood perhaps with coloured glass in your accent colours.
Style fresh flowers at the last minute
With so much detail going into personalising your styled beach wedding, less is more with the final flourishes.
- The style of chair is more important than the styled treatment.
Plastic chairs are far too sticky in the hot sunshine even if they are covered with pretty fabric.
Far better to choose a more rustic wooden style of chair that blends rather than clashes with the beach location.
- Wedding crafts and signs add a the final personal touch to gently guide your guests and can be written on driftwood or even old surf boards to continue your beach theme.
“Pick a seat, not a side.
You are loved by both the groom and bride.”
Pretty Chair Treatments
Walking off into the sunset
Remember that whilst sand looks beautiful, it is not easy to walk on in heels and can burn bare feet!
- Make sure your carpet or boardwalk goes all the way to your ceremony area for you to look cool when making your grand entrance.
- Offer your guests, soft brushes or towels to clean their feet and flip flops to change into – details make a difference!
- And time your styled beach wedding to coincide with “the golden hour” just before the sun goes down to make the most of the changing light at your glorious beach location and capture the ultimate photo of you and your loved one walking off into the sunset.
Time your wedding to perfection
Author bio: Debbie Skyrme is Celebrant Spain.
Helping destination wedding couples by officiating elopements, vow renewals and wedding ceremonies in the Spanish sunshine